Welcome to my blog- Reading, Writing, and Reflecting- Apurva Desai’s Musings and Observations. The phrase Reading, Writing, and Reflecting was uttered by many people I’m sure but was a philosophy embraced by Paramahansa Yogananda, the author of Autobiography of a Yogi. I believe that is a powerful approach to keep the mind fresh, curious, and enriched and thus, the reason for this blog.
Topics covered will range from politics, business, sports, international and current events, travel, technology, and general lifestyle tidbits. Topics of particular interest include:
- India: After my most recent trip to India in December 2008, I’ve become even more fascinated with the challenges and opportunities facing this country.
- Sports: A lifelong sports fan, I’m particularly interested in professional and collegiate competitive sports along with the globalization, business, and social aspects of sport, viewed from an analytical angle.
- Wireless, Internet, and Social Media technologies: I’ve spent the last 8 years working for various companies in these industries and have become particularly interested in the social media advances over the last couple of years.
- Energy and Environment: Lately, I’ve become more cognizant of energy and environmental issues and am striving to learn more and change my behavior for the better.
- Social and Public policy: Particularly linked to how technology, education, and energy practices can help drive better living standards around the world.
As the title of the blog suggests, I will often post about passages of articles, books, or other media that I have read to offer my perspective or to share with others.